Oct 19, 2010

Tuesday, Oct 19th Workout

Todays boot camp workout was insanity. Seriously, we had zero recovery time in 45 minutes. I couldn't even transition exercises fast enough, Rob would already be calling out the next exercise before I changed positions! (the good part of this was that even though it was 40 degrees I heated up quickly!)

We started with a mile run. I felt good about my mile...not sprinting for a best time or anything, but definitely better than last year this time!
After the mile we got right into it doing as many exercises as we could as quickly as we could, making sure to include jumping wherever possible to keep our heart rate sky high. The jumping things included:
  • jumping rope (lots, single leg, double leg, doubles, both feet, sprint jumps, etc)
  • high skips
  • line jumps (side to side, forward to backward)
  • boxing jumps with jabs and hooks
  • high knees
We also included running laps to keep the heart rate up.


For strength we started with leg stuff like lunges, sumos, side walks with the resistance bands (nothing gets my outer thighs, hips and butt quite like these!), single leg dead lifts, single leg weighted squats, etc.

Then for upper body we focused on push ups, military press squats and a straight set of just military presses for 2minutes.... I had to take 2 breaks to shake my arms out!.

Wendy finished us with some intense partner work on the core. The bad part was that, by the time we were doing core work my legs were so burnt out that I couldn't swing them up.

PHEW! Now THAT was a workout that pushed me beyond my limit! Proud to have it done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment